Located in the Physical Education Building, the RVCC Aquatic Center was constructed in 1975. It is a 6 lane, 25 yard pool with spectator seating which plays host to several campus and local community based programs and services. ADA compliant.
The Pool is available to RVCC students, faculty, staff and alumni (must be registered with the RVCC Foundation prior to usage) for lap swim during scheduled hours with proof of College ID. RVCC is not open to the public for lap swim.
Please check Lion’s Den Announcements and bulletin boards outside of pool for calendars as well. Patrons have direct access to locker rooms from pool deck.
LAP SWIM SCHEDULES: All available lanes are highlighted GREEN on calendar
CLICK HERE FOR May 9, 2019 - JUNE 24, 2019 LAP SWIM SCHEDULE ***UPDATED May 10, 2019***
CLICK HERE FOR JUNE 24, 2019 - AUGUST 16, 2019 LAP SWIM SCHEDULE ***UPDATED AUGUST 2, 2018***
SPECIAL EVENTS CALENDARS
CLICK HERE FOR MAY 2019 ***UPDATED 4.30.19***
CLICK HERE FOR JUNE 2019 ***UPDATED 5.1.19***
CLICK HERE FOR JULY 2019 ***UPDATED 5.1.19***
CLICK HERE FOR AUGUST 2019 ***UPDATED 5.1.19***
Certification Class Offerings through Continuing Education- Pre-registration is required for all classes
American Red Cross - Lifeguard Training Course
This course is ideal for entry level lifeguard participants. Gain the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies. Learn how to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services (EMS) personnel take over. Students become certified in Lifeguarding; CPR/AED for the Professional and in First Aid based on American Red Cross standards and will be able to apply the needed skills in an emergency situation.
Course Prerequisite: all participants must have the ability to:
1. Must be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course.
2. Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed.
3. Tread water 2 minutes using only legs. Candidates place their hands under the armpits.
4. Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
• Starting in the water, swim 20 yards
• Surface dive, feet first or head first, to a depth of 7-10 feet or the deepest part of the pool, to retrieve a 10lb object
• Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water.
• Exit the water without using a ladder or steps
Course Fee: TBD
Class Schedule: TBD
ARC Lifeguarding Recertification Course
This abbreviated American Red Cross Lifeguarding course briefly reviews course information and allows practice of skills and knowledge before testing. Current certification in Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED is required to participate. Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED which is valid for 2 years.
Prerequisite: Current Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED or Shallow Water Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certificate.
Note: If the Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certificate is expired, participants must take the full Lifeguarding or Shallow Water Lifeguarding course.
Course Fee: TBD
Class Schedule: TBD
Looking to rent pool time?
The RVCC Pool is available for single lane or multi-lane rental opportunities.
**Subject to availability.
Please contact George Eversmann, Director of Athletics, for additional information at 908-526-1200 ext. 8359 or email@example.com