Located in the Physical Education Building, the RVCC Aquatics Center was constructed in 1975. It is a 6 lane, 25 yard pool with spectator seating which plays host to several campus and local community programs and services and is ADA compliant.
The Pool is available to RVCC students, faculty, staff and alumni (must be registered with the RVCC Foundation prior to usage) for lap swim during scheduled hours with proof of College ID. RVCC is not open to the public for lap swim.
Please check Lion’s Den Announcements and bulletin boards outside of pool for calendars as well. Patrons have direct access to locker rooms from pool deck.
LAP SWIM SCHEDULES: All available lanes are highlighted GREEN on calendar
CLICK HERE FOR FEBRUARY 12, 2018 - JUNE 24, 2018 SCHEDULE **UPDATED MAY 30 2018
***THE POOL WILL BE CLOSED MONDAY JUNE 4 AND TUESDAY JUNE 5, 2018 DUE TO MAINTENANCE*
***REOPEN WEDNESDAY JUNE 6, 2018 REGULAR HOURS***
CLICK HERE FOR JUNE 25, 2018 - AUGUST 18, 2018 SCHEDULE ***UPDATED JUNE 22 2018***
SPECIAL EVENTS CALENDARS
CLICK HERE FOR MAY 2018 ***UPDATED 5.22.18***
CLICK HERE FOR JUNE 2018 ***UPDATED 5.30.18***
CLICK HERE FOR JULY 2018 ***UPDATED 6.13.18***
CLICK HERE FOR AUGUST 2018 ***UPDATED 5.22.18***
Certification Class Offerings through Continuing Education- Pre-registration is required for all classes
American Red Cross - Lifeguard Training Course
This course is ideal for entry level lifeguard participants. Gain the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies. Learn how to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services (EMS) personnel take over. Students become certified in Lifeguarding; CPR/AED for the Professional and in First Aid based on American Red Cross standards and will be able to apply the needed skills in an emergency situation.
Course Prerequisite: all participants must have the ability to:
1. Must be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course.
2. Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed.
3. Tread water 2 minutes using only legs. Candidates place their hands under the armpits.
4. Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
• Starting in the water, swim 20 yards
• Surface dive, feet first or head first, to a depth of 7-10 feet or the deepest part of the pool, to retrieve a 10lb object
• Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water.
• Exit the water without using a ladder or steps
Course Fee: TBD
Class Schedule: TBD
ARC Lifeguarding Recertification Course
This abbreviated American Red Cross Lifeguarding course briefly reviews course information and allows practice of skills and knowledge before testing. Current certification in Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED is required to participate. Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED which is valid for 2 years.
Prerequisite: Current Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED or Shallow Water Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certificate.
Note: If the Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certificate is expired, participants must take the full Lifeguarding or Shallow Water Lifeguarding course.
Course Fee: TBD
Class Schedule: TBD
Recreational Class Offerings through Continuing Education- Pre-Registration is required for all classes
Water Aerobics at Raritan Valley Community College
Each class will be designed around cardio and dance but in the water!!
Bringing a dance class into the water gives a whole new edge to Water Aerobics and Dancing. Low impact on joints and decreased strain on muscles allows the participants to work out more efficiently and effectively. Come join the new craze at Raritan Valley Community College!!
Towel and proper bathing attire is required, water shoes optional
Looking to rent pool time?
The RVCC Pool is available for single lane or multi-lane rental opportunities.
**Subject to availability.
Please contact George Eversmann, Director of Athletics, for additional information at 908-526-1200 ext. 8359 or [email protected]